B.Sc./M.Sc. Theses and Research Projects:
During a research project, a variety of spectroscopic methods can be applied to investigate paramagnetic systems. The obtained data is then analysed. Research projects are also available in the area of synthesis and characterization, as well as of modelling and theory.
If you are interested in doing a research practical or writing a B.Sc. or M.Sc. Thesis in the van Slageren group, please directly contact Prof. Joris van Slageren.
The van Slageren group offers the following topics for B.Sc. and M.Sc. Theses, and for Research Projects:
Supervisor: Lorenzo Tesi
Goal: Determine the influence of plasmonic structures on the signal intensity of resulting HF-EPR spectra.
PhD and Post-Doc Positions
Do you need to be a genius to work in the molecular nanomagnetism group? Well, it doesn't hurt, of course, but it is not necessary. What is required and what will be expected of you if you work in the group are the following: initiative, critical thought, and perseverance. Perhaps the most important quality you should have is scientific curiosity. Please don't hesitate to contact us about a position before applying. PhD positions are for 3-4 years, Post-Doc positions for the time indicated. What we offer:
- Access to state of the art spectrometers and magnetometers.
- The opportunity to tackle exciting contemporary challenges in science.
- A stimulating international environment with outstanding facilities and support.
- Ample funding, and possibilities to visit laboratories and conferences abroad.
Any job application requires the following:
- A curriculum vitae, including thesis subjects, names and contact data of two academic referees, and publication list.
- A motivation of interest: Why are you applying?
- To apply for a PhD position you should have a good first degree and you should include a list of courses including grades.
- Post-Doc recruitment. We are looking for candidates interested in applying for Alexander von Humboldt (no deadline), Georg Forster (no deadline) or Marie‐Skłodowska‐Curie (deadline 9th September 2020) postdoc fellowships for example in the areas of experimental spin-phonon coupling, thin layers of molecular quantum bits, electrical addressing of molecular quantum bits and switchable two-qubit systems. Click here for more information.
- Junior Research Group hosting. We are interested in hosting a scientifically independent Junior Research Group that would be able to profit from the research infrastructure available. Funding possibilities include ERC StG/CoG (deadline 9 March 2021), DFG Emmy Noether (no deadline), BW MWK Margarethe von Wrangell (deadline 30 September 2020). Click here for more information.