B.Sc./M.Sc. Theses and Research Practicals:
During a research practical, a variety of spectroscopic methods can be used to measure paramegnetic compounds. The obtained data is then analysed. Research practicals are also available for modelling and simulation of previously gathered data.
The van Slageren group offers the following topics for Bachelor's and Master's Theses, and Research Practicals:
PhD and Post-Doc Positions
Do you need to be a genius to work in the molecular nanomagnetism group? Well, it doesn't hurt, of course, but it is not necessary. What is required and what will be expected of you if you work in the group are the following: initiative, critical thought, and perseverance. Perhaps the most important quality you should have is scientific curiosity. Please don't hesitate to contact us about a position before applying. PhD positions are for 3-4 years, Post-Doc positions for the time indicated. What we offer:
- Access to state of the art spectrometers and magnetometers.
- The opportunity to tackle exciting contemporary challenges in science.
- A stimulating international environment with outstanding facilities and support.
- Ample funding, and possibilities to visit laboratories and conferences abroad.
Any job application requires the following:
- A curriculum vitae that states date of birth and education, including thesis subjects, and the names and addresses of two academic referees.
- A motivation of interest: Why are you applying?
- To apply for a PhD position you should have a good first degree and you should include a list of courses including grades.